Words from the Midwives
Wisdom, stories and truths
In light of the recent COVID-19 outbreak we are making an effort to continue to provide the best care possible for you, our clients and also want to do our part to keep those most vulnerable in our communities safe by minimizing possible exposure.
Effective today, March 17, all appointments will be moved to an online/phone format, including consultations, with the exception of:
• Initial appointments
• 28 weeks (or thereabouts)
• 36 weeks and beyond
We are also asking that if you or any member of your household is ill, has a fever or has any symptoms, or has been exposed to anyone who has symptoms, to please call so that we can come up with the best care plan for you.
As always you are free to contact us with any non-emergent questions or concerns during normal business hours and we remain available to you 24/7 if you are experiencing any of the ‘Danger Signals’ listed below:
• Vaginal Bleeding or bloody show • Abdominal pain
• Severe Headaches
• Sudden and persistent swelling • Pain upon urination
• Illness with vomiting, diarrhea or fever
• Decreased fetal movement (or no movement) in the last 24 hours • Your water breaks or you are leaking fluid
• Contractions (regular or irregular)
Thank you for your understanding and for helping us minimize this pandemic. You can expect us to be in communication with you if the situation changes so appropriate measures can be put into place or resumed.
To your best health from your Midwives,
Jenny Jahn, LM, CPM
Chelsea Jahn, LM, CPM